Friday, January 25, 2008

Words of wisdom

It matters only when you hear
A word of wisdom
Little prayer
Of a proportionate extent
Such that encompasses fully
Your love for you
The selfishness of your presentment
Fills my souls with bloodless anger
A disgust of limitless proportions
It boils down, angry sea itself
It’s being called upon by might and wisdom
Of my heart that beats for you no more
Its song has sang itself
The wind has taken all the ashes
Of melody that birthed demise and sorrow
To my naked eyes undressed by rain of tears
As I look back at your obsessive nature
I smile gently within my own disgust and walk away
The end approaches
And all I’ve said is fragile glass
A broken star of hope
With that I walk the road
That leads me back to you
And when I see you
It matters only when you hear
A word of wisdom
From the lips that swore to speak no more…

No comments:

Post a Comment