Black and white I see all around
In your souls and smiles so proud
In destruction that reeks of your smell
And the lifestyle of hate you call “swell”
Your gray fingers like spikes in my back
Segregating my colors in shades of black
But my heart still pumps red though my veins
And my soul dreams of rainbows and rain
I will stand full of love, full of light
Among your sorrowful, ignorant minds
Within the callous harassment of prose
Portrayed as reports and memoirs
As paper bills and debts
And the adoration of even footsteps
But it all breaks like glass
With the power of green grass,
Yellow shadows of the starry night
And the sun in my open eyes, so bright.
Black and white I still see
In the colors of all to be
And the shades of what’s real
And the rainbow of feelings, so ethereal
Black and white as the essence of life
A scene on which we survive
No comments:
Post a Comment