I am a wind without hope
Entangled in the midst of life.
In branches, tying me like rope
I struggle, but I can't survive.
I am a cloud without a sky
My tears fall down like rain.
I am afraid to look up high
Avoiding the daunting pain.
I am a thief who has lucked out
My feelings trapped in suffocating cage.
I tried to steal your heart, but doubts
Made what was love become revenge.
I am a lonely, beaten stranger.
I am a lost and empty soul,
A man that walks the edge in danger
Of loosing balance, fly and fall.
I am but no one in this context.
And for this matter in the whole.
I played a solo in this concert
But drowned in songs of other roles.
I am, but do you really care,
I will, but who would really know,
I can, but life is not so fair
When it collects its latest toll.
I sit and wait amidst despair,
A seething emptiness in me.
I wait for something as I dare
Myself to turn around and to be free.
No comments:
Post a Comment